7686a660d683a104f66af1c1ca51df4a.jpg
433b66af36194dd53fadc7afe446ccaa.jpg
17c0e7fd2057234c5a3e47a8e45a01e9.jpg
93f8d58a3395633c939f23bdbd72f796.jpg
  • REGIONS
  • BEACHES
  • HOTELS
  • SIGHTS
  • BUSINESS
  • BOOK ONLINE
  • BENITSES
    Cosmopolitan tourist resort with international fame, Benitses is for many travelers to why...

    Read more

  • PALEOKASTRITSA
    Paleokastritsa is the most famous tourist resort of Corfu. This is an area of unique beaut...

    Read more

  • SIDARI
    Sidari is arguably the seaport of northern Corfu benchmark for every visitor. Located 32 k...

    Read more

  • DASSIA
    The seaport of northeastern coast. Located 13 km from the city and in an area full of oliv...

    Read more

  • PERAMA
    Perama is a popular seaside tourist resort located in the southern part of the island, opp...

    Read more

  • CANNON
    The Cannon is the most photographed site on the island. 4 km south of Corfu Town and is on...

    Read more

  • GOUVIA
    After Kontokali at a distance of about 9 km from the center, we find Gouvia. It is a popul...

    Read more

  • AGIOS GORDIOS
    Agios Gordios is one of the busy tourist settlements of southwest Corfu. It is 16 km from ...

    Read more

  • GLYFADA
    The beach of Glyfada is one of the nicest in Corfu. Located 16 km west of the city and ext...

    Read more

  • ACHARAVI
    Another tourist resort of Corfu, located in the northwestern tip of the island at a distan...

    Read more

  • MORAITIKA
    Coastal village located 20 kilometers south of the city. The area is characterized by the ...

    Read more

  • KAROUSADES
    In the northwestern part of the island, 40 km away. about the city meet the village Karous...

    Read more

SIGHTS

PALACE OF ST.MICHAEL AND ST.GEORGE

(0 votes)
Written by 
on 18/04/2013

Project neoclassical building built by the British High Commissioner Sir Thomas Maitland (1814-1824), designed by engineer Sir George Whitmore, and construction of stone was transported ¬ the ¬ periodic Xe Malta. Throughout the course of the British Protectorate on the island, was the official residence of the seam.

The main entrance has a series Doric columns and surrounded by a garden where there is a statue of the English Commissioner Adams. The "palace" that once housed the royal family, was renovated to host the European Summit in 1994. Now houses the Museum of Asian Art and the Municipal Art Gallery.
Palace of Saint Michael and Saint George, tel +30 26610 30443.

Last modified on Thursday, 18 April 2013 06:20

 

GALERY

Like !